Quality of Education Survey
Parents, please take the time to do the Quality of Education Survey for NVM. We value the input from our parents and surrounding community to ensure we are providing our students with a quality education. Please use the link and guide below to help with a successful completion of the Quality of Education Survey.
WELCOME TO NAVAJO MIDDLE SCHOOL!
The National Indian Youth Leadership Project is bringing PROJECT VENTURE to Navajo Middle School in January 2017!!!
Project Venture is intended for all 6th graders who are enrolled at Navajo Middle School. The program will provide extra-curricular activities, i.e., hiking, mountain biking, archery, camping, etc. All the planned activities will be provided by the staff of NIYLP, every Monday. There will be a 4-day camping trip in June 2017. The activities will promote a positive and healthy lifestyle for our students. All equipment, supplies and transportation will be provided by NIYLP.
We will have an Introductory Meeting on January 9, 2017 at 10:00AM, at the Navajo Middle School cafeteria. All parents of 6th graders, please plan on attending this meeting. Parent Consent is required for participation. We are excited for our students who will only benefit from this program! Please join us!
NMPED School Grade
Counselor Stepney's Annoucements
Welcome Back Warriors!!
We hope that your summer was relaxing and enjoyable. As the school year begins, please stop by the office to meet with your school counselor to discuss any concerns or goals that you would like to achieve this year. Remember, start the year strong, end the year strong!! Let's make this year great.
Check out this month Newsletter:
Go check our new Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Navajo-Middle-School-245228352539187/
Navajo Middle School Counseling Department Mission Statement:
Navajo Pine High School Counselor(s) are here to provide a comprehensive Guidance and Counseling Program dedicated to preparing ALL students to meet the challenges and become a productive member of a multi-cultural and technological driven society by supporting students’ academic, personal/social, and emotional growth capabilities, and providing college and career opportunities.
The Counselor(s) at Navajo Middle School Believe:
- All students have equal access to be served by a comprehensive school counseling program.
- All students have a capacity to learn and to be supported in the academic, personal/social, and career domains.
- All students can develop the skills necessary for academic success, personal growth, positive interpersonal relationships, college and career development and healthy choices.
- The student and parent (s)/guardians are responsible for monitoring the student’s educational progress with the assistance of a professional school counselor.
The School Counseling Program:
- Will be planned and coordinated by highly qualified, state-certified, masters degree or equivalent level school counselor(s) in collaboration with other representatives of the school community.
- Will engage students through the classroom, group, and/or individual activities to enhance student learning, academics, college and career opportunities, personal/social, and emotional development for all students.
- Uses disaggregated data to conduct school counseling program evaluations to determine the effectiveness of activities.
- Collaborates with community, parents, staff, and other school representatives to deliver program services and develop effective support networks for positive student growth.
All School Counselors:
- Are advocates for all students and work collaboratively with school representatives, administration, community, and parents/guardians as it relates to the students’ academic, personal/social, and college and career goals.
- Should provide trainings for students and staff to ensure effective and productive learning environment.
- Abide by the professional ethics of guidance and counseling as advocated by the American School Counselor Association.
- Participate in professional development activities essential to maintain a quality school counseling program and provide personal/professional growth.
*Adopted from Shadle Park High School*
Kuder Navigator Information
Kuder Navigator is a career planning system for students with assessments; career, application, FAFSA, and scholarship info; and workforce prep with resumes. Your students will be using this program to help prepare for post-secondary goals. Parents can use this program as well. Please see attached files.
HALL OF FAME
Miss Justice Rae Begay, 6th Grader won the 2017 Isotopes Calendar Art Contest for the month of February. The calendars will be given to all ticket holders for Isotope Baseball Fans!
Navajo Middle School is located in the valley, between the beautiful Chuska Mountains (New Mexico) and Sawmill Mountains (Arizona); and across from the majestic Fuzzy Mountain. Navajo Pine is a rural school within Gallup McKinley County School District, about 50 miles northwest of Gallup NM. From Gallup NM, you will travel on State Road 491; turn west on State Road 264, arriving at Window Rock AZ. From Window Rock AZ, you will travel another 20 miles on Route 12 into Navajo NM. It takes about 45 minutes to travel to and from Gallup NM.
A few miles down the road, you will find Wheatfields Lake and A'saa'yi' Lake. Excellent for camping, hiking and fishing! The Navajo Tribal Fish & Wildlife provides hunting and fishing permits in Window Rock AZ.
Spring and Summer weather is nice and hot, about 95 degrees. During the Fall and Winter months, the weather is cool to cold. We do get snow due to the high elevation.
Navajo Pine High School currently has 138 students enrolled in grades 6-8. At least 99% of the students are members of the Navajo Nation, and the remaining 1% are of the Filipino nationality. There are 73 male students and 65 female students. Some students speak their native Navajo language fluently, and some of them are semi-lingual. This means, they can speak the English language and the Navajo language, but not fluent in both.
We provide services in special education and the gifted and talented education. Navajo Middle is a member of the New Mexico Athletic Association as a 2A school. Our students participate in Cross Country, Track, Volleyball, Boys Basketball, Girls Basketball, Softball and Baseball.
All our students are eligible for Free and Reduced Lunch Program; majority of the student body qualify for ELL programs..